Learn More - Servers

Get your TAM®! Contact us now!

Are you a new Server in Nevada? Have questions about requirements for alcohol awareness training? TAM of Nevada is here to answer your questions and prepare you for selling and serving alcohol responsibly.

Can I take the online course if I have never had an Alcohol Education Card in Las Vegas?

Yes. You will get the same content by taking the online course, you just learn at your own pace. The State of Nevada does require you to pass an exam with a score of at least 75% at a proctored location. So, you will have to come to the TAM® of Nevada official training center to take the test and be issued your Alcohol Education Card (TAM Card®).

Is there a difference between the online course and the classroom course in regards to what an employer will accept?

Your employer may or may not have a preference, but both programs were created equal. The TAM® online and classroom courses are both approved through Nevada’s Commission on Postsecondary Education. You will receive the same content by taking the online course; you just learn and complete the course at your own pace.

Is there a difference between the TAM® Card and other Alcohol Awareness Cards?

TAM® of Nevada is the only provider of official TAM® Cards in Nevada. If another provider offers to sell you a TAM Card, you should be aware that this is not a legitimate TAM Card. The TAM Card meets state requirements for an alcohol education card and has been the top choice for alcohol awareness training among hospitality professionals for over 25 years. There are other alcohol education card providers approved by the State, however, they do not teach our TAM® curriculum.

When will I receive my Alcohol Education Card or TAM Card®?

Your card will be issued as soon as you pass the proctored exam at the TAM® of Nevada Official Training Center.

Tell Your Friends